Monday, September 19, 2011

Yudu Weekend Project

Alexis' pre-school class is going on a field trip Tuesday, September 20th.  I thought it would be nice for them to have matching shirts with their school name on them so, we worked on the project over the weekend.  It was a family effort.  John designed the lettering, I cut out the stick boy and girl with the cricut, Alexis approved the design and Olivia helped John and I while printing them.

We used the Yudu that I got for Mother's Day.  There is definitely a learning curve but, once you figure it out it is actually a fun project.  The emulsion has to be right, you have to know how much pressure to use when flooding the screen and when printing. 

We did 21 shirts.  It took a total of about eight hours to do all of the work.  We didn't do it all in eight hours straight.  We did it in two to three hour increments.  I am not sure if I will take on another project like that but, the final product made me proud.

Alexis and I brought them to school this morning to give to the teacher.  She liked them and I can't wait to see the kids wear them.  I know they will be proud to wear their shirts with their school name on them.  Here is a picture one of the shirts....

Thank you for looking and don't forget to leave me a comment.  I love to hear my follower's comments or questions.  If you have any questions about the project comment here or send me an email.  I am happy to answer any questions.

Brenda Z



Design By: